Basic Factors For Choosing A Place Of Muzaki Intention To Pay Zakat

Main Article Content

Indah Septiana Azwardi Azwardi Ahmad Syathiri


Muzakki's decision is that he is accustomed to paying zakat in formal institutions such as BAZNAS, LAZ, Dompet Dhuafa. or prefer to directly give to mustahiq. The research is limited and focused on the variables of income, education, consumption, and sharia corporate governance on muzakki's decisions in choosing a place to pay zakat in the city of Palembang. The research data uses secondary and primary data, secondary data to determine the total population and samples obtained from the Central Statistics Agency (BPS) while the primary data used in the 2021 period from November 01 to December 31, 2021 is used for data. The variables of this study were obtained by means of questionnaire observations and interviews. The analytical tool used in analyzing binary logistic regression. The findings of this study indicate that income is a determining factor in the decision to choose a place to pay zakat. Based on the partial test results, the income variable and Islamic Corporate Governance have a positive and significant effect on the decision to issue zakat. While consumption has a negative and significant effect on the decision to choose a place to issue zakat. Overall, the independent variables (income, education, consumption, sharia corporate governance) were able to explain the dependent variable (the decision to pay zakat) of 83 percent. The remaining 17 percent is explained by variables outside the model or other variables not studied.

Article Details

How to Cite
Septiana, I., Azwardi, A., & Syathiri, A. (2022). Basic Factors For Choosing A Place Of Muzaki Intention To Pay Zakat. Medina-Te : Jurnal Studi Islam, 18(1), 1-10.


Antonio, M. S., Laela, S. F., Mukhlas, D., & Ghifari, A. (2020). Optimizing Zakat Collection in the Digital Era: Muzakki's perception. Journal of Accounting and Business Dynamics, 7(2), 235–254.
Ayuniyyah, Q. (2011). Factors Affecting Zakat Payment Through Institution of Amil: Muzakki'S Perspectives Analysis (Case Study of Badan Amil Zakat Nasional (Baznas). Journal of Islamic Economics Al-Infaq, 2(2), 49–64.
Azman, F.M. N., & Bidin, Z. (2015). Factors Influencing Zakat Compliance Behavior on Saving. International Journal of Business and Social Research, 5(1), 118–128.
Bakar, N.B. A. and, & Rashid, H.M. A. (2010). Motivations of Paying Zakat on Income: Evidence from Malaysia. International Journal of Economics andFinance, 2(3).
Baznas Kota Palembang. (2019). Zakat Statistics in 2019 Figures.
Bidin, Z., Idris, K.M., & Shamsudin, F.M. (2009). Predicting compliance intention on zakah on employment income in malaysia: An application of reasoned action theory. Journal ofManagement, 28,85–102.
Young, M., Marzuki, A. and, & Shaharuddin, A. (2006). Factors Influencing Individual Participation In Zakat Contribution: Exploratory Investigation. 1-10.
Muhammad, I. (2016). Factors That Influence Business Zakat Compliance Among Small And Medium Entrepreneurs. Journal of Muamalat and Islamic Finance Research, 13(1), 97–110.
Mukhlis, A., & Beik, I. S. (2013). Analysis of Factors That Affect The Level of Compliance to Pay Zakat: Bogor Regency Case Study. Al-Muzara'ah, 1(1), 83–106.
Muthohar, A.M. (2019). Analysis of influence of intrinsic aspect, demography aspect and service of zakat institution toward zakat payment to zakat institution. INFERENCE: Journal of Religious Social Research, 13(1), 25–50.
Novia, N., Noor, I., & Ekawaty, M. (2018). an Analysis on Traders' Income and Economic Motivation Toward Their Behavior in Paying Zakat Commercial. Journal of Development Economics, 16(1), 73.
Saad, R. A. J., Wahab, M. S. A., & Samsudin, M. A.M. (2016). Factors Influencing Business Zakah Compliance Behavior among Moslem Businessmen in Malaysia: A Research Model. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 219, 654–659.
Samad, M. N., Ariff, M., & Nassir, A.M. (2016). Impact of zakat payment offset system on income tax collection in Malaysia. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 14(13), 9579–9607.
Tajuddin, T. S., Azman, A. S., & Shamsuddin, N. (2015). Compliance Behaviour of Zakat on Salary Income Among Muslim Youth in Klang Valley. International Conference on Social Science Research, 8(9), 656–664.
Wahab, N. A., & Rahman, A. R. A. (2011). A framework to analyse the efficiency and governance of zakat institutions. Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research.
Wahid, H., & Kader, R. A. (2010). Localization of Malaysian zakat distribution: Perceptions of amil and zakat recipients. A Tawhidi Epistemology: Zakat and Waqf Economy. Ed. Abdul Ghafar Ismail et Al. Bangi,461–483.